Keeping everybody safe
Last update 27th May 2021
The safety of our staff & swim families is our priority and we are constantly making
changes to ensure we are meeting the latest Government & Health Department
regulations, as well as Industry regulations to ensure we are operating in a safe &
As part of our Covid Safe plan, we are constantly reviewing the latest Government & State Health Department advice, all patrons attending our facility who are over 16 years old, will be required to meet contact tracing requirements. Customers can scan our QR code via the SafeWA APP otherwise they will have to complete the mandatory contact register by signing in to the SafeWA App via our iPad.
We have also:
- Completed a business COVID safe plan
- All staff have completed the 'COVID-19 infection control training'
- Displayed appropriate signage around the facility to assist patrons to monitor how many people are permitted in each area,
- Continue to clean & disinfect all touchable & high frequented areas and all pool equipment,
- Updated some centre policies to ensure we can provide the safest possible environment for all swimmers, families & staff.
- Ensured staff meet strict requirement with regards to not attending work when showing signs of being unwell or if they have recently returned from travel
As part of current regulations and Centre polices the following apply to swimmers & spectators must comply with the following:
- Do not attend if you are showing any signs of an illness, even if you feel well
- Do not attend if you, or an immediate member of your household is awaiting a covid test result, even if feeling well
- Do not attend if you have travelled or have visitors that have travelled from overseas or interstate from a known hotspot as listed by the Australian Government
- Use hand sanitiser when arriving & leaving the facility
- Maintain a physical distance of 1.5m when on pool deck to any person that does not reside in your household. Please don't move seating that has been spaced to allow distancing
- When using baby change tables, we ask that you place a towel down to fully cover the change mat first. Use a second towel to dry your baby. Once finished, please use the disinfectant provided to clean the change mat after use.
- Ensure you following the distancing markers around the facility to help everybody maintain a safe distance. Remember, you may not think it is important to keep your distance but other people do.
- We will temporarily be using the emergency side door as our exit door. This will limit the face to face contact of patrons of patrons trying to enter & exit the facility at the same time. Please watch for traffic when you walk out of this door.
In the water:
- Social distancing does not apply as part of stage 4 restrictions in the pool and contact teaching is permitted where required. Instructors in the water will adjust their method of teaching to ensure the class is run in a safe manner.
- Caps & goggles can no longer be borrowed if your child forgets theirs. You may purchase new ones from reception otherwise your child can swim without goggles but they will not be permitted to swim without a cap.
- Unwell children should be kept home. We are offering unlimited makeups provided you use the customer portal to advise of your absence & give us a minimum 2 hours notice of your non-attendance. If a child is showing any signs of being unwell, they will asked to hop out of the water and will not be permitted to continue their lesson. We do not offer makeups in this instance.
We need EVERYBODY to do their part to ensure our business can stay open. We THANK YOU for doing your part.